Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Beats Audio Headphones

By: Nathan Johnson
   
     Last month I went to Walmart with two of my closest friends and we wondered around the store and ended up in the isle dedicated to Beats by Dr. Dre. At first we put on the headphones. They are pretty comfortable, but then we tried the demo music we were stunned. The results were not as good as the price tag was suggesting. They range from $169.95 to $449.95. We could not believe our eyes or our ears. "Why are they so expensive?" we said in unison. There are better quality headphones on the market, so why do people buy Beats?
     Beats by Dr. Dre seem to have become a status symbol. If you have Beats, there are two different opinions that I usually hear, "oh man that guy bought Beats?!" or "wow what a rip off." There is the crowd of people who love Beats headphones, and another that despises them. I happen to fall more towards the opinion of, why buy Beats?
     I ask that question based on the demo. I listened to two different songs, on two different versions of the headphones. One of the headphones had absolutely no bass response to speak of, and the other one had decent bass. In comparison, my $99.99 Sony Gold Wireless Stereo Headset has better bass, treble, and mid range response. There is a pair of headphones that gets stunning reviews, but I have not hear much hype about, and they are the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones. I have not personally tried them, but many YouTube personalities love them. I would recommend trying those out before buying Beats headphones because my $99 headset sounds better than they do.

Photo by: bfishadow

No comments:

Post a Comment